In the modern era, with the increasing number of high-rise buildings, especially residential ones, the elevator has become a significant feature to be encountered by most people on a daily basis. They have become routine elements of life with the passage of time.
No doubt, residential lifts have become a useful investment for residential societies in modern cities. In case you are a leader of such a residential society that is planning for the installation of lifts, you should consider some general as well as safety features.
- Useful design
The structure and design of the elevator must complement the residents’ needs and fit the space earmarked for the project. Note that elevators that are excessively bulky and occupy massive space will not fit anywhere. In the case of such elevators, there is a need for extra effort, money and time.
- Stress on safety
At any cost, there must be no compromise on the safety of passengers of such lifts. The lives of all individuals are precious, so safety must be a concern for all elevators, including lifts for houses and apartments. Because of the vertical movement of an elevator, it is crucial to consider the equipment and accessories for safety integrated into the design and the mode by which they will ensure safe mobility.
- Plan for maintenance and installation
Top manufacturers of elevators will offer a well-designed maintenance and installation plan as part of their products, which ensures a trouble-free experience for riding passengers. You can avoid many issues with the maintenance plan, such as servicing.
- Impact on property value
Through the installation of an elevator, you will surely boost the property value of your apartment or society. But the main concern is that it must add to the beauty and convenience of the property.
- Level of comfort
Several residential lifts are equipped with luxury features like mirrors, TVs and railings. Ensure that the elevator offers a convenient and comfortable ride for users.
To avoid accidents involving home elevators, manufacturers include the following safety features:
- System of door interlock: This implies that the doors of the lift, which open into the elevator shaft, are prevented from opening if the cab has not reached the target floor.
- Emergency alarm: A button within the lift can activate an alarm when you are caught in the lift and need assistance.
- Facility of power backup: A power supply that is uninterrupted and located in the machine room helps secure the lift so that it stops on the next available floor in the event of a power failure.
- Telephone landline: This is usually placed in a control box within the lift so that you can make a call for help if needed.
- Safety cable devices: In the event of the cables of the lift snapping, such devices become active to prevent the cab of the lift from crashing to the bottom. This feature is also useful in the case of construction lift in Pune.
- Emergency lighting: This ensures that you will never be stuck in the dark within a lift during a power failure.
- Locking for control panel: This ensures that no one can tamper with elevator controls.
- Emergency switch for stopping: Such a switch is highly useful in case of an emergency within the lift.
In sum, these are some general as well as safety features of residential elevators. Note that they are highly useful features of high-rise buildings. But the biggest concern with their operation is that of the safety of passengers.